Thursday, January 27, 2011

_It's still Foggy outside

Got up today to another foggy and chilly morning.  I couldn't see the other side of the street through the fog.  A bit if a gloomy morning greeting me on my day off.   Bummer.  It was however, a perfect morning for waffles and a strong cup of coffee which I would've had if my Keurig hadn't broke.  So weak coffee had to do till my replacement Keurig arrives.  It still went great with my waffles.

It's also a perfect morning to put a new pair of socks on the needles.  I've got a list of those I want to do and wear for Valentine's and St. Patricks' but in the end I went for something Spring.  I've got two skeins of Deborah Norville's Serenity.  Perfect!  The color is 'Chili'.  Can't figure that one out.  It reminds me more of a bouquet of spring flowers.  The yarn is a mix of soft merino wool (50%), bamboo (25%) and nylon (25%)

As I said, I've got a list for Valentine's and St. Patricks' but those patterns are a bit more complicated and I really just want something simple and quick.  So, I'm just going to use my ol' standby easy and quick pattern.  No real thinking or concentration.   But still, a little texture to keep me interested enough to finish them.  And, let's face it.  After the holidays, we all could use a break from complicated.
When I'm done, I'll post the pattern here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment