Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Cast iron pans: a pizza’s best friend | King Arthur Flour – Baking Banter

Cast iron pans: a pizza’s best friend King Arthur Flour – Baking Banter

I'm telling you this is probably my favorite blog posted by another. I'm obsessed with this pizza technique. I thought I had upgraded when I went to a pizza stone but this by far supersedes it. It's like having a pizza oven in your kitchen. I use an 8" cast-iron skillet I got at the grocery store for about $10. The same grocery store sells the pizza dough in 1-pound packages for $1.49. I divide the dough in half and follow the directions in the blog post. It comes out perfect every time. I mean EVERY time. Thick crust nice and crunchy on the bottom and tender in the middle. Perfect! The reason I had the 8" in the first place was that it fits in my KitchenAid Toaster/Convection oven. No more pizza out of the freezer for me. This is a perfect personal pizza and oh so good! Not to mention alot cheaper. $1.49 for the dough and leftovers from the fridge for TWO personal pizzas...hmmm..gotta head to Winco need more dough.

One of My cast-iron Pizzas! Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment