Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Home 2do list.

I'm Back!  (for a short time anyway.)  I've been working on so many things that I got overwhelmed.  So I shelved a lot of my 'projects'  and Yes...that included My blog.   

"2do"  is what I write at the top of a long list of things to do.  I have lists that are written on both sides of a sheet of paper (and sometimes multiple sheets).  I have daily lists, lists for events and holidays, lists for fix-its around the house, etc.  You get the idea and it is never ending. 

One of my biggest and longest "2do" list is for my house.  This list includes fix-its along with renovations and a hefty price tag.  This list also has a required finish date of April 2025.   When April came around this year I realized that is just 5 years from now. Instead of shrinking the list is growing.  Why April 2025?  Retirement.  Hopefully.  

The good news is that I did check off a big ticket on the "Home 2do" in May.  The Fence. 
About 2 years ago the fence on one side of my property started leaning and ultimately fell a year later along with the gate.  Several bids put the cost between $4000 and $6000.  Like I said, Big ticket.  

Working with my neighbor and a handyman I was able to cut my costs and finally get a new fence and gate put up this year.  Now that it is up I need to seal it.   That's another expense but thankfully a lot less expensive.

So I check one item off and add another to the "Home 2do". 

...and so it goes ... on to the next...

No comments:

Post a Comment