Friday, May 14, 2021

Mansion Bedroom Curtains

Turning my house into one that is Disney inspired has to have a kick off point with project number one.  Curtains and Drapes! 

The first room to tackle is the French Quarter Mistress Bedroom.  Who says it has to be a "master" bedroom, right?   I have two narrow windows that I want to have shaded or blacked out. I decided to go with a lace curtain over the shades. My inspiration starts with the windows in the hall of the Haunted Mansion as you go from the elevator to the Doombuggies.  In addition to the iron scrollwork on the balconies over looking the French Quarter.

The design is an adaptation of another design I found on Pinterest.  It was a netted curtain but I did it in filet crochet.  

I'm going with the Main Street's Carnation Cafe and Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor for the Kitchen.  This design in a cream would be great for the Bay window. 


I crocheted the first curtain using Black Curio from KnitPicks and a size 8 steel Crochet hook.   It took 5 balls.  Unfortunately after blocking the curtain is too long.  That's okay because I plan on sewing a thin voile as a liner behind the curtain and a strip of twill tape along the top for support.  I can cut the extra length off when I sew on the tape.   You can visit my Ravelry Page for this project.  

Here is my chart. The chart is just for the bottom of the design with the stripes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment